Thursday, 8 August 2013

Whim 8: Scallop Tote Bag



This is actually something I did a few months ago, but I thought it would be nice to post as the tutorial is brilliant and the bag turned out pretty fab. The tutorial can be found here and it's got loads of pictures and a pattern. It was really quite easy and the scallop shape was easier to get right than I thought it would be. The hardest part was choosing the right sequence of fabric.  I decided to go for a blue/green/brown  theme rather than the more multicoloured ones on the tutorial pictures - only because I was using all found/ recycled materials and it can be quite hard to match the tones.

I love the result - the only thing I would change if I did it again would be to finish the edges of the seams fixing the scallops to the bag. Ok, they can't usually be seen, but it wouldn't feel right e.g. giving the bag as a gift, with unfinished edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment