Today brings this whim to conclusion, I have been trying to figure it out for a couple of days - It looks simple enough but with quilting, binding, zips and fastenings, it's actually been quite tricky to work out the best order to do things in. I am pretty pleased with the result though. I love some of the fabric - the main pattern on the front is an Amy Butler print that I found recently in a sale and the blue polka dot I printed myself.
The best thing about it is the feel that you get when you hold it - because the inside has been quilted with some condensed wadding to give it weight and depth - unfortunately I can't reproduce that feeling in pictures!
It was quite difficult to decide what pockets and spaces would be needed in the holder, and I looked at various existing designs for some ideas. I'm still not sure if I've got it right - guess I need to test it to be sure!