Friday, 18 July 2014

Old Project 2: Hundertwasser Stitch and Slash

The placement school that I was working in on my PGCE did the art textiles GCSE exam rather than the technology one, and the walls are full of interesting experimental fabric techniques. I had never done the stitch and slash method of quilting before, and the ones displayed looked brilliant, so I thought I'd have a go.

This sample was based on the Hundertwasser painting The Big Way. I have loved Hunderwasser's work for many years and thought that the structure and colours of this piece in particular fitted the technique.

18/07/14
This is one of my favourite projects ever - I love how it turned out and wish I could find some use for it! Might be good as a cushion come to think of it...

The Big Way by Hundertwasser

My 'stitch and slash' version

No comments:

Post a Comment